I’m launching a podcast where I interview some of the sharpest minds in Bitcoin. I consider myself very lucky to have Saifedean Ammous, as my first guest. Saifedean and I have interacted over the years in relation to bitcoin economics and I was lucky enough to read a draft version of his book before it officially launched.
Up until now, there has been no single comprehensive book length treatment of Bitcoin from an austrian economics point of view. So to understand Bitcoin well, you had to go and read many other austrian texts and follow the online Bitcoin debates which is a high bar. The Bitcoin Standard summarises the key learnings on monetary history, and the economics behind why Bitcoin is so powerful.
So in my discussion with Saifedean we discuss these topics:
- Bitcoin as Sound Money
- Why using the hardest money is not a choice
- Why Bitcoin is difficult to change, and why that’s a good thing
- How Bitcoin may proceed through various stages on a path to becoming the global standard for value
- Fractional Reserve Banking vs Full Reserve Banking in a Bitcoin Standard world
Links for Saifedean:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saifedean
- Saifedean’s website: http://saifedean.com/
- Link to his book: https://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1119473861
The podcast has now been approved on Apple podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher also. Links below:
- Apple iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/stephan-livera-podcast/id1415720320
- Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/stephan-livera-podcast?refid=stpr
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/3mFUF9kSYpvrCGWLbskRr8?si=sHSclXeiQlmXjywxUx5vbg
- Libsyn – http://livera.libsyn.com/
- RSS link – http://livera.libsyn.com/rss
Please listen to the podcast and share it with your friends.