Bitcoin is going to become the global standard for money and you need to understand the how and why. The single best book I can recommend to you is The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous.
Here’s my video summary:
Some quick thoughts in written form:
- Why this book? There’s a lot of altcoin/ICO/appcoin garbage out there. This book is the signal vs the other garbage ‘noise’.
- Saifedean explains the roots of sound money and how it arises on the market as the most saleable medium of exchange.
- He talks through the history of how we got where we are now with government currency debasement and control, which sets the scene for why bitcoin is so important.
- We have an overview of Austrian business cycle theory and how the malinvestments create a distorted capital structure.
- He stresses the importance of the stock to flow ratio of bitcoin versus other potential monies (fiat and gold being the big examples). Projecting out over the next 4-8 years, Bitcoin has a better stock to flow ratio and it is only getting better.
Overall, Saifedean spells out a vision of bitcoin as a high powered sound money, forming the base layer on which other layers may be built.
Go order the book today! I have ordered a physical copy myself.