Laolu Osuntokun (Roasbeef), CTO of Lightning Labs rejoins me on the show to talk about Taro. Taro is a new protocol and proposal by the Lightning Labs team for creation of stablecoins or other assets that can be built into the existing Bitcoin/Lightning network. We chat about how it works and what it could mean for Bitcoin.
- How Taro works
- Prior efforts e.g. coloured coins, Counterparty, RGB
- Benefits of Taro approach
- What it would look like in practice
- Lightning Network development generally
- CTV and ST discussion
- Twitter: @roasbeef
- Lightning Labs Taro Blog Post : A New Protocol for Multi-Asset Bitcoin and Lightning
- Lightning Labs Engineering documentation: Taro is a new Taproot-powered protocol for issuing assets on the bitcoin blockchain.
- SLP289 Roasbeef Bitcoin & Lightning For a Billion Users
- SLP207 Roasbeef – Lightning Labs lnd Goes Wumbo
- SLP39 Olaoluwa Osuntokun (Roasbeef), CTO of Lightning Labs
Stephan Livera links: