A common question amongst bitcoin investors is whether bitcoin on-chain analytics is legitimate or whether it is snake oil. Joining me to explore this as well as talk about some new research, is James Check, Lead Analyst of Glassnode. We talk about how the field progressed, and some insights to share on analyzing the bitcoin market:
- History of on-chain analytics
- Is it snake oil?
- Impact of the ‘DCA Army’
- Lost coins
- Vaulted supply vs active supply
- What does a bull market look like on chain?
- Where are we now?
- James Check on X
- Glassnode cointime economics paper https://get.glassnode.com/cointime-economics/
- Ark invest https://ark-invest.com/white-papers/cointime-economics
Relevant prior episodes:
- SLP73 Tamas Blummer – Rust-Bitcoin, Threats to Bitcoin & Bitcoin Data Science
- SLP258 Rafael Schultze-Kraft Bitcoin Supply Crunch
- SLP190 Rafael Schultze-Kraft – How Many Bitcoins Are Being HODLed?
Stephan Livera links: